These terms and conditions apply to passes purchased and collected from 4th January 2011.
By purchasing one of the varieties of Merlin Annual Pass listed in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions ("Annual Pass") you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of use. Purchase and use of an Annual Pass is in accordance with the regulations of each individual Attraction, copies of which is displayed at each Attraction and is available upon request. Please ensure that you agree to be bound by these regulations before purchasing your Annual Pass.
MERLIN ANNUAL PASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
AN ANNUAL PASS WILL ONLY BE VALID WHEN IT IS USED AND/OR PRESENTED BY THE NAMED HOLDER, IT DISPLAYS A PHOTOGRAPH WHICH MUST BE A TRUE LIKENESS OF THE HOLDER AND IT IS WITHIN THE VALIDITY PERIOD. PHOTOCOPIES OF AN ANNUAL PASS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ANY USE OF AN ANNUAL PASS IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE RELEVANT ATTRACTION REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN THE ANNUAL PASS BEING REVOKED WITHOUT COMPENSATION. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, PASS SHARING IS A BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ANY ATTEMPTED USE OF AN ANNUAL PASS BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE PHOTOGRAPHED AND NAMED HOLDER, REGARDLESS OF REASON, WILL RESULT IN THE ANNUAL PASS BEING REVOKED WITHOUT COMPENSATION TO THE HOLDER.
1. The Merlin Annual Pass may be purchased as an adult or child variant which are valid according to the following age restrictions:
1.1. Adult passes are valid for a person aged 13 and above;
1.2. Child passes are valid for a person aged 3 to 12 years inclusive;
1.3. Guests aged 0 to 2 years are admitted free into our attractions do not require a Merlin Annual Pass.
2. The Merlin Entertainments Group attractions that are part of the Annual Pass scheme in the United States of America are: LEGOLAND California Park (CA), LEGOLAND Florida Park (FL), LEGOLAND Water Park (CA & FL), Madame Tussauds Hollywood (CA), Madame Tussauds New York (NY), Madame Tussauds Las Vegas (NV), Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. (D.C.), SEA LIFE Aquarium Arizona (AZ), SEA LIFE Aquarium California, Carlsbad (CA), SEA LIFE Aquarium Dallas/Fort Worth (TX), SEA LIFE Aquarium Kansas City (MO), SEA LIFE Aquarium Minnesota (MN), LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth (TX), LEGOLAND Discovery Center Kansas City (MO), LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta (GA) and LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago (IL), LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester (NY) and LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Toronto (CANADA). Attractions may be added or removed from this list at any time. LEGOLAND Discovery Centers are attractions for children. To visit our LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, all adults must be accompanied by at least one child.
3. Each Annual Pass Member will be issued his or her own Annual Pass and will be required to supply the following:
3.1 Their first name and last name;
3.2 Their date of birth;
3.3 Their residential address;
3.4 A contact telephone number;
3.5 A contact email address (if they have one); and
3.6 A photograph which must be a true likeness of the holder. Attractions have the facility to take a photograph.
4. The purchaser of an Annual Pass must be 18 years or over.
5. An Annual Pass entitles the purchaser to admission to the Attractions for a period of 12 months from the date of issue (“Validity Period”) and is subject to the operating calendars of each Attraction and any applicable exclusion dates which will be communicated on www.merlinannualpass.com or the relevant Attraction website, links to which can also be found at www.merlinannualpass.com.
The ‘valid from’ and ‘valid until’ dates will be printed on the Annual Pass card when issued. Please check individual Attraction opening and closing dates before visit. Please note that not all Attractions are open every day of the year.
6. The Merlin Entertainments Group, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to vary the opening and closing dates of the Attractions and to close, remove or cancel all or any part of the rides, events or facilities within the Attractions for any reason including, but not being limited to technical, health and safety and/or operational reasons or due to special events or private functions. For the avoidance of doubt, the full value or any part of the value of the Annual Pass will not be refunded nor will any compensation be payable if any of the Attractions become unavailable or if any or part of any of the Attractions are closed or removed from the Annual Pass scheme.
7. An Annual Pass is only valid for regular daytime entry to the attractions.
8. An Annual Pass is subject to additional charges for entry into:
8.1 Any concerts taking place at the Attractions;
8.2 Any themed and/or special events taking place at the Attractions that require an additional/separate ticket to be purchased;
8.3 Second gate attractions that are not included with the regular entry fee;
8.4 Any other event as determined by The Merlin Entertainments Group from time to time which will be communicated on www.merlinannualpass.com and the relevant Attraction website, links to which can also be found at www.merlinannualpass.com.
9. To use an Annual Pass, the authorized holder must show it at the admissions office, turnstile or other authorized entry point of the relevant Attraction.
10. All Annual Passes remain the property of The Merlin Entertainments Group and can be withdrawn at any time. Annual Passes are non-transferable and cannot be sold, loaned or given away to be used by a third party.
10.1 Access will be denied to any or all Attractions in the event of fraud or misuse of the Annual Pass, and the Annual Pass will be withdrawn from any person whose conduct is deemed to be inappropriate in the absolute discretion of The Merlin Entertainments Group. Inappropriate conduct includes, but is not limited to, allowing or assisting a third party to attempt to gain unauthorized or improper access to any Attraction with an Annual Pass of which they are not the valid holder. For the avoidance of doubt no refund or compensation will be given in such circumstances.
11. An Annual Pass that is discovered to have been purchased through illegal methods will be revoked without compensation.
12. Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the Attractions. The management of the relevant Attraction reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by each Attraction’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the Attraction reaching full capacity.
13. Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to any Attraction during peak times.
14. Entry to an Attraction by use of an Annual Pass will not be permitted in the event that a valid Annual Pass cannot be presented for any reason, including, but not being limited to, the Annual Pass being lost, stolen or forgotten. Failure to present a valid Annual Pass will result in a charge of the “on the day” admission rate applicable to the relevant Attraction, which will be non-refundable. Re-entry to the same Attraction on the same day requires a hand stamp.
15. A lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass should be reported to The Merlin Entertainments Group through the Attraction that issued the Annual Pass immediately. Contact details for each Attraction can be found on the Merlin Annual Pass website (www.merlinannualpass.com).
16. In the event of a lost, stolen and/or damaged Annual Pass, The Merlin Entertainments Group will re-issue a replacement Annual Pass. Up to three replacement Annual Passes can be issued during the Validity Period. Replacement Annual Passes will only be issued at the original issuing Attraction to the individual whose details have been provided in accordance with clause 3. An administration fee of $20 will be charged for the re-issue of each lost or damaged Annual Pass. The re-issue of stolen Annual Passes will also be subject to the $20 re-issue fee unless the holder can provide the Merlin Entertainments Group with a relevant crime reference number when requesting that the Annual Pass is re-issued.
17. Unless stated otherwise, an Annual Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any promotional offer, voucher or advance booking or with any other offer, discount or retail/restaurant incentive.
18. Refunds are not available in any circumstances. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
19. Once an Annual Pass reaches its expiry date the holder will qualify for a special renewal offer provided that he or she renews their Annual Pass within 8 weeks of expiry and are able to present their expired card when making the renewal. The new pass’ Validity Period will commence on the ‘valid until’ date of the expired pass.
20. An Annual Pass that is not renewed within 8 weeks of expiration will no longer qualify for the renewal rate and the full price of a new pass will be chargeable.
21. Annual Passes can be used up to and including the ‘valid until’ date.
22. The Merlin Entertainments Group is entitled to use Annual Pass Member’s details to contact them in relation to service information, including, but not being limited to, information about changes to these Terms and Conditions of use, expiry and/or renewal reminders. The Merlin Entertainments Group will not use Annual Pass Member’s details for marketing purposes unless that Annual Pass Member has opted in to receive such information at the time of purchasing the Annual Pass.
23. The Merlin Entertainments Group is entitled, in its absolute discretion, to change the price payable for its Annual Pass at any time and for any reason and may from time to time offer pricing or promotional offers at specific Attractions, online, via telephone or through third party channels.
24. The Merlin Entertainments Group reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions by giving Annual Pass Members no less than 30 days’ written notice of such variation by using the details provided in accordance with clause 3.
25. On the presentation of an Annual Pass, Annual Pass Members may receive discounts and/or benefits from third parties. Such third parties are subject to change. The Merlin Entertainments Group is entitled to remove and/or withdraw any or all third party discounts and/or benefits in its absolute discretion at any time and for any reason.
26. Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and attractions.
More information about the Merlin Annual Pass can be viewed on our website at www.merlinannualpass.com.